Postdoctoral Candidate – NSF I-PERF Fellowship
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join ANEUVO through the NSF I-PERF Fellowship program and develop novel medical devices to help treat patients with previously intractable diseases. This position offers an opportunity to work directly with a multidisciplinary team of medical device experts to take our products from concept through bench validation to clinical trials. The ideal candidate would have some experience across multiple engineering disciplines such as mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, optics, neuroscience, etc. and would be excited to take a product from concept through design, testing, preclinical validation in animal models, and into clinical trials. Experience in biological simulations, enclosure design, mechanical verification and validation, electromechanical / mechatronic design, and/or optical system design is a plus. Most importantly, the ideal candidate would be open to learning new technical skills and pivoting quickly to meet the demands of a fast-paced development environment. Candidates must be ready to put their skills and knowledge to use in developing medical devices that will define the future of medicine and benefit people around the world.
This postdoc position is somewhat unique as we are looking for an individual with a proven track record of contributing to and completing research projects and who is passionate about advancing medical technology, rather than someone with a specific skill or ability. If you are an exceptional engineer and are interested in what ANEUVO is doing, please reach out!
- Assist in the design, assembly, and testing (benchtop, animal and human) of novel medical device
- Work closely with external partners to transfer designs to manufacturing
- Develop and test systems that may include mechanical, electrical, chemical, and optical subcomponents
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary group of engineers to quickly iterate and test concepts
- Prepare technical documentation and reports to clearly communicate work to the team
- PhD in a field such as Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering / Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, MEMS/Semiconductor Engineering, Physics, or an equivalent discipline
- Excellent communication skills; ability to take a complex idea and present it in a way that is easily understood by non-technical personnel
- 3D CAD experience using software such as SolidWorks, Creo, AutoCAD, or equivalent is a plus
- Chemical processing, wet lab processing, or cleanroom experience is a plus
- Optical system design and testing experience is a plus
- Experience working with large animals is a plus
- Passionate about learning new knowledge and taking on challenging assignments
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
What We Offer:
- A unique opportunity to drive a revolution in medical practices and to significantly improve the health condition of patients
- A unique environment for you to exercise your talents and be impactful
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee stock options
ANEUVO is a medical device company spun-off from UCLA and currently located less than a 10 minute walk from the UCLA main campus. Our mission is to drastically improve the quality of human life through bioelectronic medicine. The company is developing a set of novel technologies as therapeutic devices and systems to treat diseases and injuries associated with central, peripheral, and autonomous/enteric nervous systems.
We are actively looking for passionate and talented people who share the same vision with us to grow and thrive together.
How to Apply: Send your resume and why you should be considered for the position to email@example.com. In the subject line of your application e-mail write “Postdoc”.
Last but not least, we are a small team and thus everyone plays a critical role – your voice will be heard clearly and loudly! Come join us and build the future, today.